How to Create Your Own Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
- Dec 05, 2019
- By Celia Swift
For the people who use computers very frequently on their daily life, there must be some applications on the PC that are commonly used for many times. However, clicking on each shortcut at every time is not the most effective action to activate them on the computer as quickly as possible. So now, we can learn how to create a custom keyboard shortcuts on the PC with Windows 10 operating system.
First, learn how to create an app’s shortcut on PC
Program’s shortcut on the desktop is a common way people used to access to a specific application. Some people might also find that they miss some programs’s shortcut on their PCs, in this case, you can take a few of simple steps to create the app’s shortcut first on your PC.
- Access to the installation folder of the program
- Right-click on the app’s process, and select New – and Shortcut
- Follow the instructions to finish it, and you will see the new shortcut display on the designated location
How to create custom keyboard shortcut
- Right-click on the program’s shortcut, and select Properties
- Locate the Shortcut key text box on the Properties window, and set up a new hotkey
- Please note that the custom shortcut should be combined with “Ctrl + Alt”, some your new hotkey need to be set as Ctrl + Alt + (any other key you want)
If you are not clear about the installation folder of the program, you can access to the folder via the Start menu:
- Click on the small Windows icon on the left side of the task bar, and select All apps at the bottom
- Scroll down and find the program you want
- Right-click on the app, and select Open file location
- Thus, you will be able to open the install directory of the program.